Saturday, August 6, 2011
A Word on the Word
1 Kgs 19:9a, 11-13a
Get your bibles out and get ready to take a look at this Sunday's scriptures.
Like the disciples in Sunday's Gospel, how many times have we been given the opportunity to experience a living personal encounter with Jesus--and yet have failed to recognize his presence before us?
When we least expect Christ to be present in our lives--there he is!
- Without fanfare, without fireworks, without pomp or circumstance, Christ appears.
- Without warning, without shoes, without a home, Christ appears.
- Without power, without friends, without a chance, Christ appears.
- Without a name, without parents, without health, Christ appears.
- Without fear, without self-concern, without guile, Christ appears.
Is your faith great enough to recognize Christ when he appears before you?
The ever transforming and transformative Christ calls on our faith to recognize a presence in our lives, whatever the surprising, unexpected shape he may take.